Become a HERO today!!! Help us raise funds for this year’s Holiday Heroes, all in support of Anova (formerly Women’s Community House & Sexual Assault Centre London)!!
The greatest gift of the season is supporting families in need and this year Anova has set up a tree on the front lawn of their Wellington Road shelter and need your help decorating it with white lights. All it takes is a simple $25 donation for one light on that tree to help make the Season bright at both of our shelters. Anova will use your gift to make sure Christmas is a special time for kids who have had everything else in their world turned upside down.
In return, you’ll have the satisfaction of knowing that you have helped bring good memories to children. Holiday Heroes is not just about dollars and cents and it’s much more than presents under the tree. Women and children aren’t here because they want to be. We are their last resort. Holiday Heroes is about human dignity for 67 families, a roof over their heads, food to eat and safety from fear.
Help put a smile on a child’s face and be their hero! Open up your heart this holiday season and show your care by donating. You can also donate items needed on their Wish List below:
DONATION DROP-OFF LOCATION:
Donations are accepted (Monday through Friday), at the Anova Wellington Shelter located at 101 Wellington Road. To help us protect and store items, please package your donations in plastic bags or containers.
Regrettably, we are unable to accept all donations received from the community.
WE ARE NOT ABLE TO ACCEPT THE FOLLOWING:
- Out-of-season clothing
- Bulk garage sale leftovers
- Large appliances, furniture or bikes
- Used stuffed animals/fabric toys
- Baby equipment or furniture due to health and safety reasons
PREPARED FOOD ITEMS
- Thank you for thinking of Anova and the families that are staying with us. As part of our Safe Food Practices, any prepared food donation to our shelters must be received by a safe food certified cook. Unfortunately, we are unable to receive prepared food donations on weekends. If you are considering making a donation of prepared food, please contact our cook Monday-Friday 10am-5pm at 519-642-3003 ext 4233 (Clarke Road shelter) or 519-642-3003 ext 2249 (Wellington Road shelter).
Anova greatly appreciates our supportive community!
Questions about donating to Anova – Please contact Pamela Coray, Development Manager at 519-642-3003 x 2252 or by email at firstname.lastname@example.org.